COGESLA Ultraplex Alca: grease for open mechanisms, high loads and unfavourable environmental conditions
The application COGELSA was faced with was the lubrication of crane ropes at a port terminal in China.
A fluid grease was being used with solid lubricants from another manufacturer, which, although it worked initially, lost its efficiency with use.
The definitive solution was provided by COGELSA with Ultraplex Alca 00, a grease based on a mixture of mineral and synthetic oils, complex aluminium soap with EP additives and solid lubricants (molybdenum disulphide and graphite) which provided:
- Reduced cable wear due to high penetration capacity in the cable.
- Ease of application.
- Improved performance due to lower consumption and cable release.
Properties of COGESLA Ultraplex Alca:
- Temperatures from +200°C to +220°C for short periods and +150°C to +160°C as normal working temperatures.
- Quality level ISO-L-XBGIB 00 / – ISO-L-XBGIB 2.
- Penetrates inside cables ensuring a long service life.
- Extraordinary adhesion and protection under high loads and in the presence of water.
- Great capacity to withstand high pressures and avoid wear of the components.
- High resistance to ageing.
- High protection against corrosion of metal parts.
- High resistance to water washout.
- Suitable for centralised and spray lubrication systems.
More information about COGELSA greases.